Sidmouth County Prize joy for Maria Clapp
- Credit: Archant
On the first Wednesday of the month, Sidmouth ladies’ fixture list is usually filled with a County Prize fixture, and that was certainly the case this time round.
The weather was exceptional for this time of year and some of the ladies had wished they had worn their summer gear!
Twenty-seven ladies entered what was a par competition. Three ladies came in with plus one, which is one shot better than their handicap. This resulted in a handicap reduction for them all. Due to these scores, it meant that countback was required.
The winner was Maria Clapp, with Margaret Thompson in second and Gerri Whitrow taking third place. Here’s hoping this good weather continues for a while!
? Recently, some of the ladies have represented the club in onward competitions.
You may also want to watch:
Maria Clapp and Marie Timms played in the Express and Echo competition at Exeter Golf and Country Club.
Also Maria, Angela Coles, Liz Chance and Yvonne Anning played in The Warren Crocus at Dawlish Warren.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
No prizes were won on these occasions, but it is always a great experience playing at different clubs and meeting other ladies.
In fact, Maria played against a lady from her hockey days!