Sidmouth County Prize meeting success for Mo Kendall
- Credit: Archant
The first Wednesday of each month signals that the Sidmouth Golf Club ladies’ section competition is a County prize and takes the form of a par competition, writes Andrea Milton.
This is basically like Matchplay against the course, win lose or draw on each hole.
Although the course was a little damp underfoot the weather was warm and dry and the course looked lovely.
Eighteen ladies took to the course for the competition and winning was Mo Kendall who parred the final hole to finish with a score of plus one.
In second place, was Margaret Thompson with her score of minus one.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret got a great two on the 12th hole across the road and finished her round with three consecutive pars.
In third place, was Liz Chance with minus two, this, after good pars on the 13th and the 15th. There were two twos recorded, scored by Linda Reynolds on the 11th and Margaret Thompson on the 12th.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
The past week also saw the ladies contest a medal competition. Andrea Milton emerged as the winner with a net 65.
This resulted in a handicap cut for her to 24.5, her lowest handicap to date. The runner-up was Liz Chance with a net 71.