Sidmouth County prize success for Mo Borer
- Credit: Archant
The first Wednesday in the month signals the fact that it’s county prize time, writes Andrea Milton.
This competition is played as a par competition, which is like matchplay against the course.
The player either wins the hole, loses the hole or is all square.
The course was a little bit drier than last week and our greens staff had been able to cut some of the long rough, which helped immensely.
A relatively small field of eighteen ladies took to the course and we were once again lucky to have pleasant sunshine and just a light breeze.
You may also want to watch:
The winner, with back-to-back pars on the 10th and 11th holes, was Mo Borer, with a score of minus two.
In second place was ladies’ captain Maria Clapp, who also carded a minus two. Maria had a total of five pars and a fantastic birdie three on the 10th. In third place was Penny Ashby, who scored minus five, and had a nice par on the short fourth hole.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
There was only one two carded today and that was achieved by Linda Reynolds on the eleventh hole. Well done, all!