Sidmouth County prize success for Mo Borer
- Credit: Archant
The first Wednesday in the month signals the fact that it’s county prize time, writes Andrea Milton.
This competition is played as a par competition, which is like matchplay against the course.
The player either wins the hole, loses the hole or is all square.
The course was a little bit drier than last week and our greens staff had been able to cut some of the long rough, which helped immensely.
A relatively small field of eighteen ladies took to the course and we were once again lucky to have pleasant sunshine and just a light breeze.
You may also want to watch:
The winner, with back-to-back pars on the 10th and 11th holes, was Mo Borer, with a score of minus two.
In second place was ladies’ captain Maria Clapp, who also carded a minus two. Maria had a total of five pars and a fantastic birdie three on the 10th. In third place was Penny Ashby, who scored minus five, and had a nice par on the short fourth hole.
- 1 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 4 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 10 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
There was only one two carded today and that was achieved by Linda Reynolds on the eleventh hole. Well done, all!