Sidmouth crash out of Booker Wholesale Cup in Plymouth
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth crashed out of the Booker Wholesale Devon Senior Cup on Sunday, beaten at Plymouth by 26 runs.
The defeat means that the 2015 season will see the Fortfield 1st XI men without any form of silverware!
The home side batted first and were bowled out for just 160 in 36 overs and one ball.
All six bowlers called into action by skipper Will Murray claimed a wicket with the best figures being the 2-17 from 6.1 overs returned by Andrew Mathieson.
If Murray and his men were left thinking at the midway stage that the job was done the they were in for a mighty shock!
You may also want to watch:
Half the team were back in the Mount Wise pavilion with just 61 on the board in the 15th over.
The sixth wicket saw 33 added and the seventh put on another 26 with Liam Lewis seventh man out with the score on 120-7 two balls into the 27th over.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
However, the tail was unable to wag sufficiently and the reply floundered to a close of 134 all out after 32 overs leaving the home side winners and on their way to a cup final meeting with Cornwood.
For Sidmouth it’s a case of licking wounds, finishing off the Tolchards Devon league top flight season and then coming back for more in 2016!