Sidmouth Crazy Reindeer’s inspired by Scotty try double
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-10s embraced a festive theme for their matches against visiting Newton Abbot teams.
Such were the Under-10 numbers once more that three teams were fielded for a series of matches.
The Crazy Reindeer team unharnessed and took to the field with a snort of festivity, buoyed by their success the previous weekend.
With Alec Bagwell skippering, the home side made a bright start probing both flanks.
Quick hands from Reece released Charley Turley down the right, but unusually his pace was matched by a superb covering tackle.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Grove and Alec Bagwell formed the base of a sound defence and were typically quick at the breakdown, turning the ball over several times, with notable support from Herbie Isherwood and William Allen who both prowled the line.
Joe Tricky looked to get stuck in at every opportunity while the speedy Alexander Goody lurked menacingly without ever quite firing.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
It was Scotty Munro Higgs who seized upon a loose ball to run in the first of his two interceptions to break the deadlock – young Munro Higgs was later named Man of the Match.
In the dying moments of a superb contest, Tom Grove limped off the field followed soon after by Alec Bagwell, and Newton Abbott, scenting the weakened defence, ran in an equalizing try on the final whistle.
This was a tremendous match with which to end a terrific year of developing rugby by the youngsters.