Sidmouth Cricket Club honours the season’s stars at a packed Fortfield Pavilion
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Cricket Club held their annual awards night last Saturday.
The event was held at a packed Fortfield Pavilion.
Players, supporters and guests, including Sean Priestley from main sponsors Brewin Dolphin, enjoyed a superb three-course meal before the awards were presented.
Chairman Mike Dibble was master of ceremonies.
The awards were as follows; 1st XI Batsman (James Harbud Cup) – Liam Lewis, 1st XI Bowler ( Margaret Clark Cup) – Scott Barlow, 2nd XI Batsman (Cyril Spencer Cup) – Matt Hewer, 2nd XI Bowler (George Maeer Cup) – Charlie Dibble, 3rd XI Batsman (Lloyd Baker Cup) – Harvey Sargent, 3rd XI Bowler (John Palmer Cup) – Graham Munday, 1st XI Highest League Score – Liam Lewis (140), Playing clubman (Cicely Anderson Cup) – Saj Patidar, Most Promising Colt (Harold Naylor Cup) – Harvey Sargent, Most Improved Player (Greg Barwick Cup) – Charlie Miles, Services to Cricket (Sadie Wood Cup) - Colin Whitehall and Player’s Player (Lloyd Baker Trophy) – Liam Lewis.
You may also want to watch:
This year the awards were presented by a number of the club officials including 1st XI captain Will Murray, 2nd XI captain Charlie Dibble, 3rd XI captain Graham Munday, secretary Anthony Griffiths, 2013 1st XI vice captain Matt Cooke, 2014 vice captain Peter Randerson, chairman of selectors Saj Patidar and Mike Dibble.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support