Sidmouth Croquet Club set to launch new season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Croquet Club launches a new season early next month, writes Richard Thurlow.
The new term begins on Saturday, April 1, not a good omen, maybe the date itself should be forgotten.
Perhaps that date is best ‘forgotten’, however, the following Saturday provides a much more important date for Saturday, April 8 is when the croquet club throws open its door when all prospective new members are invited to ‘have a go’.
Proceedings get underway at 10am and the invitation is to one and all to come along and try the wonderful sport of croquet which has, in some quarters, been described as ‘a mix between snooker and chess’.
At Sidmouth Croquet Club we have four lawns to play on, all with the sea close by, and arguably presenting one of the finest views in Sidmouth!
You may also want to watch:
It’s a game for all ages and all legally allowable sexes.
It doesn’t need strength, but a certain amount of ball control and cunning.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
We all mix together and we’ve a good social life.
So why not give it a go?
Come along to the pavilion at the Fortfield home of the cricket and croquet club on Saturday, April 8, from 10am. We look forward to welcoming you.