Sidmouth croquet players win handsomely at Budleigh
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Croquet Club sent a team of four to Budleigh to contest a midweek South West Federation Association League match and the visitors recorded a resounding 6-1 victory.
The contest was one of seven games in total; one doubles and six singles matches, each having a time limit of three hours.
The morning session saw the doubles and two of the singles’ matches played and lunch was taken with Sidmouth enjoying a 3-0 lead.
The afternoon session proved equally successful with Sidmouth winning three of the four games played.
The only home success was achieved by Roland Smith who, until time was called, trailed by three hoops. However, he staged a grandstand finish to run six hoops during the extension period to defeat Sidmouth captain Graeme Pryor.
You may also want to watch:
The three other members of the Sidmouth team; Peter Miller, Sue Dent and Jon Ball, all had decisive wins.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'