Sidmouth croquet team net superb success over Plymouth side
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth croquet team had a merry dance against a team from Plymouth in a SWF Golf Croquet Match, writes Richard Thurlow.
Plymouth fielded a team of eight players with handicaps ranging from plus 10 to minus one which represents a huge range!
We played 20 matches in total and the final result was Sidmouth 13, Plymouth 7; fortunately their minus one player lost all his games as he had a huge number of extra turns as a handicap against him.
The top Sidmouth player on the day was Steve Pearson, who won the four games he contested.
Michael Hide was a close second, he won three games.
You may also want to watch:
This was a third win of the season for the Sidmouth team and, as I don’t know how many matches we’ve played, I can give you no indication of how good a result this is!
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 4 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year