Sidmouth croquet team net superb success over Plymouth side
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth croquet team had a merry dance against a team from Plymouth in a SWF Golf Croquet Match, writes Richard Thurlow.
Plymouth fielded a team of eight players with handicaps ranging from plus 10 to minus one which represents a huge range!
We played 20 matches in total and the final result was Sidmouth 13, Plymouth 7; fortunately their minus one player lost all his games as he had a huge number of extra turns as a handicap against him.
The top Sidmouth player on the day was Steve Pearson, who won the four games he contested.
Michael Hide was a close second, he won three games.
You may also want to watch:
This was a third win of the season for the Sidmouth team and, as I don’t know how many matches we’ve played, I can give you no indication of how good a result this is!
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 7 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 8 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival