Sidmouth Devon trio all return for the Brixham encounter
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth will aim to kick-on from their win at Plymouth when bottom side Brixham visit the Fortfield on Saturday, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
Devon trio Charlie Miles, Zak Bess and Josh Bess all return to the team having been away with Devon in Cumberland last weekend.
However, seamer Will Murray is not available as he is at a wedding.
It is a while since Sidmouth last played Brixham, the last time was 1995 when both were A Division teams, so it’s no wonder skipper Luke
Bess describes the opposition as ‘an unknown quantity’.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We have been a little bit hit or miss this season and need to get some consistency into our game.”
For the record, 1995 was a good year for Sidmouth as they won the A Division in a photo finish with Budleigh Salterton, who also went up.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
George Hammond was Sidmouth’s leading run getter with 595, closely followed by Anthony Griffiths with 514. Griffiths played last week in the win at Plymouth.
Sidmouth’s bowling effort was led by Saj Patidar with 33 wickets, Derek Middleton with 30, Hammond on 26 and Charlie Dibble with 25.