Sidmouth Dorset bowl report – the final chapter
- Credit: Archant
The touring ladies and gents from Sidmouth are home again - tired and, for most of us, a few pounds heavier - in time for the closing games outdoors, writes Susie Bonnell.
Our final day on tour, Friday, saw us all eating a hearty breakfast for the last time in the Suncliffe Hotel - where the food was great and the restaurant staff fantastic.
A quick packing and double-checking of rooms and we were boarding the coach for our homeward journey - stopping off in Weymouth for our final game of the tour. It could not have been a better ending - Weymouth and Sidmouth had a draw with an aggregate score of 107 each and we really did all enjoy a terrific time throughout the trip.
There was bundles of laughter - mostly thanks to the ‘Jack Dee’ of our tour - organiser and comedian, Peter Mison!
We had great evenings together in the restaurant and lounges - with the added bonus of a nightly prize - all donated by our very generous and much loved president, Len Catford.
You may also want to watch:
There remain some tales untold, but, of course, what goes on in Bournemouth, stays in Bournemouth!
We can’t wait for the next Sidmouth Goes on Tour trip.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown