Sidmouth duo edged out in Devon County Over-70s pairs final
Sidmouth Bowls Club were very proud to have two of their top ladies get through to the final of the Devon County Over-70s Ladies Pairs, writes Susie Bonnell.
The final was held at Newton Abbott last Saturday (September 6).
Jean Brimson and Eileen Hewett had battled through the various heats to secure their place in the final where they took on a pairing from Barnstaple.
Up until the 15th end the Sidmouth ladies had controlled proceedings and looked to be on course to a memorable success.
However, the six-shot lead was reduced to one on the 15th end as the Barum duo claimed five shots on the one end!
You may also want to watch:
they held was whittled down as the Barum duo began a comeback
Now in the driving seat, the North Devon pairing did not look back and went on to win the next three ends to land the title.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
So the runners-up berth the for Jean and Eileen who should be rightly proud of their efforts in the competition this season.
It was no mean feat I getting all the way through to the final – well done, ladies.