Sidmouth duo excel for Exeter Chiefs at Harrow Festival
- Credit: Archant
Two Sidmouth youth players have been selected in the 22-player squad from Devon and Cornwall to represent Exeter Chiefs at the Harrow Academies Festival.
Tom Counsell and Sam Cavin who both joined the club on the same day, shortly before their fifth birthdays have been training with the Exeter Chiefs Under-15 squad for the past few months.
The boys had what can only be descried the experience of a lifetime as travelled to London in the Exeter Chiefs 1st team coach and stayed in a hotel for the Festival which was played last Sunday at Harrow School.
Both boys were picked for the Chiefs starting line-up. The team played six 15-minute matches with a 15 minute break between games.
They played against Academies from Saracens (drew 0-0), London Irish (won 5-0), Gloucester (won 15-0), Wasps (lost 10-5), Bath (lost 5-0) and Bristol (won 25-10).
You may also want to watch:
Tom Counsell had the honour of being named vice captain and he was ultimately voted Back of the Day for The Chiefs.
Both boys relished the opportunity of playing rugby at such a high level and did Sidmouth proud.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
The club have no fewer than six of their Under-15 squad in the Devon County side; Tom Counsell, Sam Cavin, Aaron Bagwell, David Chan, all from the current Under-15 squad and they were joined in the County set-up by Sidmouth Under-14 players Charlie Wright and George Syrad.