Sidmouth duo in Devon XI for Wiltshire match at Sandford
- Credit: Archant
Two Sidmouth players are in Devon’s 13-man squad for the Minor Counties Championship game against Wiltshire starting on Sunday at Sandford, writes Conrad Sutclifffe.
Bowling all-rounder Zak Bess returns to the squad after missing the tied game with Herefordshire last week.
Also back is early order batsman Liam Lewis, who has been unable to play due to work commitments.
However, there is no place in the team for Sidmouth spinner Charlie Morris, who hasn’t missed a three-day game since making his debut for the county at the start of the 2014 season.
And Sidmouth’s Josh Bess, who made 94 in the game against Herefordshire at Eastnor, is unavailable due to personal commitments.
You may also want to watch:
Devon are still looking for their first win of the season in the competition having lost to Wales inside two days then tied in the rain at Eastnor.
Devon’s one-day form is somewhat better. They have reached the semi-finals of the 50-over Unicorns Trophy and are due to play Herefordshire at Sidmouth on July 10.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Devon (from): M W Thompson (St Fagans), L J Lewis (Sidmouth), D R Pyle (Exmouth), M C Golding (Bovey Tracey), B G F Green (Exeter), M H Curtis (North Devon), T A Lammonby (Exeter), D M Bess (Exeter), Z G G Bess (Sidmouth), J O Hagan-Burt (Plymouth), J V King (North Devon), T J R Codd (Bovey Tracey), J K Drew (Heathcoat).