Sidmouth duo tackle the Windsor Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Two members of Sidmouth Running Club, Lynda and Kaylee Hawkins travelled up to Berkshire to take part in the Windsor Half Marathon that takes place close to Windsor Castle in Windsor Great Park, writes Terry Bewes
With only 6,000 places this is event is soon sold out and over-subscribed.
The course is two laps, one of approximately four miles, the other about seven-and-a-half miles with the remainder made up by the 1.5 mile Long Walk at the start and end of the run.
The course is best described as undulating. It has many flat stretches, but there are some hilly sections to make the race a bit more interesting.
The final 1.5 miles Long Walk is particularly impressive. The spectacular sight of Windsor Castle in the distance beyond the finish line is quite outstanding and not something many will forget quickly.
You may also want to watch:
Kaylee came home in 1:54:00 while Lynda matched the Bristol ladies finishing in 2:02:00.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!