Sidmouth duo win Section Three final in Devon County Over-55s ladies competition
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Bowling Club s were celebrating in the past week as they heralded two of their own making county competition progress, writes Susie Bonnell.
Jill Bishop and Brenda Somerfield were in action in the Section Three final of the Devon County Over-55 ladies’ competition.
They were up against a formidable pairing from Madeira and had to take the opposition on at the Exmouth club.
The match had a 6pm start time, but despite the late hour Jill and Brenda proved to be in top form as they took an early lead and retained it throughout to cross the line with a terrific 18-12 score line in their favour.
They now await a date to play their opponents from Section Seven in the next round of this very popular and competitive County competition.
You may also want to watch:
A great win. Well done, Sidmouth ladies.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution