Sidmouth Eagles net big win over Jaguars in Honiton Netball League
- Credit: Archant
Weeks five and six of the Honiton Netball League had very different outcomes in terms of matches played, writes Steph Upson.
In week five Sidmouth Toucans were beaten 37-22 in their Division One meeting with HNC Hotshots.
Vicki Russell shone for Toucans from her position of wing defence.
Week five also saw Division Two action with Beer Blazers involved in a thrilling contest against 3Ts, one that was won 34-32 by 3Ts who had trailed 15-12 at the halfway mark and then the teams were 24-all ahead of the final quarter.
The Player of the Match award-winner for Beer Blazers went to the impressive Gemma Langham.
You may also want to watch:
Otter Valley were dominant throughout the second half of their meeting with Ridge Roofing and they ended up winning 27-17 with wing defence and captain, Victoria Paley, bagging the Player of the Match award for some impressive all-round play and intercepts.
In Division Three, Sidmouth Kites, taking on Honeyz, came from being two goals behind at the halfway mark to win a thriller by the smallest of margins, with the final score being 18-17. Mandy French was in sparkling form for Kites.
- 1 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
Ottery-based Firecrackers suffered a heavy 44-9 defeat at the hands of Heat despite a fine individual performance from Nicky Brook.
The weather hit week six and only a couple of Division One games survived. Sidmouth Eagles found themselves 27-13 ahead at the halfway stage of their meeting with Jaguars. The final score was one of 48-23 in favour of Eagles for whom centre Immy Hewitt was fully deserving of her team's Player of the Match award.