Sidmouth ease past Exminster in the Parker Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth won their preliminary round match beating Exminster at East Devon in the Parker Trophy on Friday, writes Chris Roberts.
Sidmouth’s two aspiring professionals, Stuart Coles and Lewis White, lost the first game on the first extra hole.
However, Duncan Taylor and Chris Lewis managed to level the match with a comfortable five-and-four win.
This left two of the largest men ever to represent the club, Mark Thomas and Neil Holland, with the task of winning the match overall.
They looked comfortable with four holes to play as they were four up, but some unfortunate putting from Thomas meant that the match went to the last hole before the Sidmouth pair prevailed.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth will play Fingle at Honiton in the first round proper.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution