Sidmouth ease past Exminster in the Parker Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth won their preliminary round match beating Exminster at East Devon in the Parker Trophy on Friday, writes Chris Roberts.
Sidmouth’s two aspiring professionals, Stuart Coles and Lewis White, lost the first game on the first extra hole.
However, Duncan Taylor and Chris Lewis managed to level the match with a comfortable five-and-four win.
This left two of the largest men ever to represent the club, Mark Thomas and Neil Holland, with the task of winning the match overall.
They looked comfortable with four holes to play as they were four up, but some unfortunate putting from Thomas meant that the match went to the last hole before the Sidmouth pair prevailed.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth will play Fingle at Honiton in the first round proper.
- 1 Husband and wife team take over at White & Son Shoes
- 2 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 3 New women’s team created at Sidmouth Rugby Club
- 4 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 5 Men replicating ladies at Ottery Bowls Club
- 6 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 7 Latest news and results from Sidmouth Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 9 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 10 Rob to serve up your top topping for your perfect pizza this month