Sidmouth Easterbrook Medal success for Luke Sheppard
- Credit: Archant
Saturday saw the Easterbrook Eaton Medal at Sidmouth Golf Club, writes John Barnard.
Monthly medals are played on the first Saturday of the month and the early starters saw the best of the weather.
Winning Division One by two shots, was Luke Sheppard. A steady opening nine including a two on the sixth was followed by two birdies on the back nine including another two on the 11th.
In second place was John Barnard who also recorded two, two’s. A very steady front nine was let down by an inconsistent back nine, but it was still enough to keep him ahead on countback from Harrison Jones who had an even better front nine and worse back nine!.
In the Second Division, Paul Renken continued his good run of form to record a nett 64, four better than the field. A steady round including eight pars and a birdie on the seventeenth meant a convincing victory.
You may also want to watch:
Pat McCormack was second with a nett 68 which ought to have been better except for a seven on the last which will have disappointed him.
There were two players with a nett 69, but Simon Jones got ‘the nod’ for third place based on a better back nine.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Mark Bathard won Division Three by three shots. A nett 65 was set off by a par, birdie start and only a couple of poor holes prevented more of a handicap reduction.
Adrian Baldwin was second with a nett 68 and Andy Truscott third with a nett 70.