Sidmouth Easterbrooks joy for Powell, Holland and White
- Credit: Archant
It was the famous Easterbrooks on Saturday, sponsored by Easterbrook Eaton, writes John Barnard.
This was played as a three-man team event off the white tees with the best two scores on each hole to count off 90 per cent of handicap.
It looked as if father and son Lester and Greg Willmington were going to win, supported by Mike Dommett.
In with 83 points, with Greg birdying holes 17 and 18, and therefore a better back nine than Alex Duckworth, Paddy Tallon and Will Hastie, it looked as if they were home, and then, in came club captain Richard Powell, Neil Holland and Lewis White!
They managed 88 points with almost no shots (none for Lewis and Neil).
You may also want to watch:
That doesn’t matter if you have a great day and Lewis White managed nine (9) birdies on his own while Neil Holland had just the seven. Captain Richard marked the card really skilfully as well, so these three won by five clear points with one of the best cards seen for many years.
In the end, class counts and this was as classy a round as you will see; well played, gents!
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start