Sidmouth Easterbrooks joy for Powell, Holland and White
- Credit: Archant
It was the famous Easterbrooks on Saturday, sponsored by Easterbrook Eaton, writes John Barnard.
This was played as a three-man team event off the white tees with the best two scores on each hole to count off 90 per cent of handicap.
It looked as if father and son Lester and Greg Willmington were going to win, supported by Mike Dommett.
In with 83 points, with Greg birdying holes 17 and 18, and therefore a better back nine than Alex Duckworth, Paddy Tallon and Will Hastie, it looked as if they were home, and then, in came club captain Richard Powell, Neil Holland and Lewis White!
They managed 88 points with almost no shots (none for Lewis and Neil).
You may also want to watch:
That doesn’t matter if you have a great day and Lewis White managed nine (9) birdies on his own while Neil Holland had just the seven. Captain Richard marked the card really skilfully as well, so these three won by five clear points with one of the best cards seen for many years.
In the end, class counts and this was as classy a round as you will see; well played, gents!
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients