Sidmouth edge out Nailsea in croquet meeting.
- Credit: Archant
Nailsea Croquet Club visited Sidmouth this weekend to play Sidmouth Croquet Club SE Golf Team in the Golf Handicap League, bringing a strong team of 6 players for a full day’s play in the sunshine, writes Ian Simpson.
Honours were even at lunch after four single and four doubles games but the first hour after lunch saw Nailsea move ahead by two games.
Sidmouth then took the next four games to retake the lead but the final hour’s play was tense with a fight back from the visitors; however Sidmouth finally recorded a narrow victory by ten-and-a-half to nine-and-a-half.
The margin on hoops run was wider with Sidmouth running 112 to Nailsea’s 96.
The most successful player on the day was Robin Hendry of Nailsea who won all four of his games with some impressive hoop running.
You may also want to watch:
All Sidmouth players won at least one game with Margaret Piper and Ian Simpson performing well, both winning three of their four games.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution