Sidmouth edged out in Winter League title bid
- Credit: Archant
The annual Jurassic Coast Winter League, played between senior teams from Sidmouth, Axe Cliff and Lyme Regis golf clubs, was decided this week, writes Hugh Dorliac.
The final meeting of the competition was held at Axe Cliff, where conditions were bright, but wintery!
Going into the meeting, Lyme Regis held a 15-point lead at the top with Sidmouth sitting in second place.
It all meant plenty of work to be done by both Sidmouth and the home side to wrestle the initiative from Lyme!
Once the golf was completed, all involved enjoyed a delightful meal that was followed by the announcing of the results.
You may also want to watch:
Despite a great exhortation to his troops by Axe Cliff’s captain, Dave Bruce, to prevail on their own course, they fell 19 points short of victory.
Sidmouth did beat Lyme by 16 points on the day, but were sadly pipped by just one point by Bob Sheppard and his team from Lyme, who took the title. The final scores were: 1, Lyme Regis 691; 2, Sidmouth 690; 3 Axe Cliff 672.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair