Sidmouth enjoy visit to Lyme Regis for super Saturday game
- Credit: Archant
Saturday brought the ever-popular mixed away friendly game against Lyme Regis, our Dorset neighbours, writes Susie Bonnell.
It was a but of a busman’s holiday - going from a beautiful seaside resort to another lovely seaside town - but a few of the Sidmouth players made sure they sampled the local cockles and whelks and ice cream (not all one one plate!) and thoroughly enjoyed their day out.
Sidmouth sent six triples teams - full of hope and eagerness to win - but not quite reaching glory!
Sidmouth did win on three of the six rinks, but Lyme were the overall winners with an aggregate score of 115-74.
Sidmouth’s highest scoring rink was played by skip, Roger Stewart and his team, Maury Ervine and Janice Quinn.
You may also want to watch:
As always, it was an absolute delight to play at Lyme Regis, enjoying the good company, good weather and lovely surroundings.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 7 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert