Sidmouth enjoy visit to Lyme Regis for super Saturday game
- Credit: Archant
Saturday brought the ever-popular mixed away friendly game against Lyme Regis, our Dorset neighbours, writes Susie Bonnell.
It was a but of a busman’s holiday - going from a beautiful seaside resort to another lovely seaside town - but a few of the Sidmouth players made sure they sampled the local cockles and whelks and ice cream (not all one one plate!) and thoroughly enjoyed their day out.
Sidmouth sent six triples teams - full of hope and eagerness to win - but not quite reaching glory!
Sidmouth did win on three of the six rinks, but Lyme were the overall winners with an aggregate score of 115-74.
Sidmouth’s highest scoring rink was played by skip, Roger Stewart and his team, Maury Ervine and Janice Quinn.
You may also want to watch:
As always, it was an absolute delight to play at Lyme Regis, enjoying the good company, good weather and lovely surroundings.
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success