Sidmouth exit Grace Matthews competition at hands of Madeira
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth hosted the first round of the Grace Matthews and, thankfully it was a perfect day for bowls, sunshine, slight breeze and perfect temperature, writes Susie Bonnell.
Sidmouth were drawn against Madeira in this prestigious annual competition.
Despite a valiant attempt in some of the disciplines, Madeira secured an overall win on three of the five rinks - winning the 4-wood singles, the 2-wood singles and the pairs.
Sidmouth ladies won the rinks with a score of 26-11,l led by skip Chris Hamer and her team, Pat Ashton-Pritchard, Anita Mason and Zena Johnson.
In the triples there was a close encounter, and a 15-14 success, for the team of joint captain’s Jill Bishop and Ann Capon together with Susie Bonnell.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth will now have to wait until next year to try again.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council