Sidmouth Federation croquet team end league term in second place
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Federation croquet team completed their league campaign with a convincing 4-1 win home to Exeter, writes David Butler.
In the morning the Sidmouth doubles partnership of Ian Friedlander and Philip Harris had three-and-a-half bisques and both played confidently to win plus 24 in just over one hour against the Exeter partnership of Adam Wimshurst and Lloyd Kimber.
In the singles game David Clarke initially struggled against Mark MacNair but once he found his form he played confidently to peg out and win plus 11.
Sidmouth were pleased to lead 2-0 after the morning session.
Three singles were played in the afternoon. Philip and Ian, both confident after the morning doubles win, pegged out to beat Mark and Lloyd plus 10 and plus 9 respectively. David had four-and-a-half bisques against Adam and played determinedly, but eventually lost minus two.
You may also want to watch:
The 4-1 win means Sidmouth finish second in the league.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club