Sidmouth Federation croquet team end league term in second place
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Federation croquet team completed their league campaign with a convincing 4-1 win home to Exeter, writes David Butler.
In the morning the Sidmouth doubles partnership of Ian Friedlander and Philip Harris had three-and-a-half bisques and both played confidently to win plus 24 in just over one hour against the Exeter partnership of Adam Wimshurst and Lloyd Kimber.
In the singles game David Clarke initially struggled against Mark MacNair but once he found his form he played confidently to peg out and win plus 11.
Sidmouth were pleased to lead 2-0 after the morning session.
Three singles were played in the afternoon. Philip and Ian, both confident after the morning doubles win, pegged out to beat Mark and Lloyd plus 10 and plus 9 respectively. David had four-and-a-half bisques against Adam and played determinedly, but eventually lost minus two.
You may also want to watch:
The 4-1 win means Sidmouth finish second in the league.
- 1 Husband and wife team take over at White & Son Shoes
- 2 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 3 New women’s team created at Sidmouth Rugby Club
- 4 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 5 Men replicating ladies at Ottery Bowls Club
- 6 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 7 Latest news and results from Sidmouth Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 9 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 10 Rob to serve up your top topping for your perfect pizza this month