Sidmouth Fields Cup glory for Sheila Tallon
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday, the Sidmouth ladies contested the Fields Cup, writes Andrea Milton.
This is the 21st year we have played for this lovely trophy and the competition is always well supported.
We are very grateful to Fields for their continued support.
Although we started off in cloud and cold wind it wasn’t long before the sun came out and, once again, we had warm Sidmouth weather.
This competition is played as a medal format and a separate medal competition was run alongside the cup competition. Brian Dowie from Fields came to present the prizes and the trophy.
You may also want to watch:
He gave us an update on the store refurbishing that has been completed and told us about lots of new brands that they now stock.
The results were as follows; in third place, with a score of 70 on count back, was Marie Timms. In second place, with a score of 69, was Margaret Thompson and the winner was Sheila Tallon with a great score of 66.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
She was also the overall medal winner and has had a reduction in her handicap to 23. There was only one two made and this was by Penny Lyne.
Sidmouth ladies Presidents Trophy team have also been in action this week.
They travelled to Downes Crediton for the match.
However, they ended on the wrong end of a 5-2 score line.
Well done, to Marie Timms and Gill Paddon who won their matches.