Sidmouth Fields Cup win for Sheila Faulkner
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday, Sidmouth ladies played for the Fields Cup, which was presented to the ladies’ section in 1997, writes Maria Clapp.
This is always an enjoyable day, where a representative from Fields comes to present the trophy on the day.
We were quite lucky with the weather, but did have the occasional shower! An enjoyable day was had by all.
It was nice to be playing golf again! Several Wednesdays have had to be cancelled recently due to the winter weather. Hopefully, this is the beginning of the spring weather – and more golfing!
The Fields Cup is run in conjunction with a club medal. The results were very close. In first place was our lady captain, Sheila Faulkner, with a nett 69.
You may also want to watch:
Second place went to Mo Kendall with nett 70 and Mandy Furniss came third with nett 71. The club medal was won by Sheila Faulkner. Therefore, Division One was won by Sheila, Division Two was claimed by Mandy Furniss and Division Three went to Mo Kendall.
These results meant that Sheila and Mo have both had their handicaps reduced. Well done, girls.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
Only one player had a two and therefore won the pot of money, which had built up over a few weeks.
The lucky player was Maria Clapp, who had a two on the fourth hole. Maria went out last today as she was playing with one of our senior ladies, Paddy Hutchings. I will not give her age away, but she is 30 years older than Maria. What a feat to complete 18 holes of golf! Well done, Paddy.
Sidmouth ladies are most grateful to Fields for their support over the recent years. The winners also received a splendid gift and gift voucher to spend in Fields.