Sidmouth fish to success in annual three-club competition at Brixham
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Sea Angling Club took part in an annual fishing competition, writes Karl Roberts.
The competition is fished on Brixham breakwater and is a three-way competition involving Sidmouth, Brixham and Kingfisher (Plymouth) Sea Angling club’s.
The Sidmouth team comprised 14 members and there were 16 fishing for Brixham and a dozen for Kingfisher.
During the seven hour competition amongst the general catch were; mackerel, scad, gar fish, pollock and wrasse.
The best 10 fish from each competing club were weighed and it was Sidmouth who were crowned winners with a total aggregate percentage of 554.
You may also want to watch:
Brixham were second with 515 per cent and Kingfisher placed third with 291 per cent.
The competition was rounded off with a splendid meal and an evening of entertainment kindly put on by hosts Brixham at their clubhouse.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Sidmouth Sea Angling Club always welcome new members. The club puts on events throughout the year. Find out more about membership by calling Karl Roberts on 07917393240.