Sidmouth four star in Devon Under-13 girls’ team success
Four Sidmouth CC featured heavily in a Devon Under-13 girls win double.
The four, Emma Seward, Lily Goodier, Cassia Astley-Jones and Katie Donovan have all been selected for the summer squad and all played in the first match of the season against Wiltshire at Trowbridge CC.
Emma Seward captained Devon to a seven wicket win. Two of the Sidmouth four, Seward and Astley-Jones opened the batting for Devon for whom the stand-out contribution came from Rebecca Halliday, who scored a terrific 116.
When Wiltshire batted, Goodier sent down a pair of wicket maidens and finished with the stand-out figures of four overs, and two wickets for no runs! Seward span her way to figures of 1-5 and Wiltshire were bundled out for 43.
In a second game, this time against Worcestershire, played at Instow in North Devon, Astley-Jones skippered Devon to an eight wicket win.
You may also want to watch:
In this game Goodier opened the bowling and took one for ten in three overs whilst Seward returned figures of 1-1 from three overs.
The four Sidmouth youngsters are clearly following in the path of Sidmouth ladies cricketing star Jodie Dibble.
- 1 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 2 Sidmouth musician to host 24hr virtual open mic for cancer charity
- 3 'I strongly believe there is an argument for opening restaurants now'
- 4 Devon 'should be optimistic about the summer' as lockdown eases
- 5 D-day looms for Beautiful Days festival
- 6 Boohoo’s purchase of Arcadia group brands could provide a massive benefit for the High Street
- 7 Sidmouth estates agent donates laptops to primary school pupils
- 8 Look out for the Government census arriving in the post soon
- 9 Ottery cricket star makes big move
- 10 It will be good to see Sidmouth town centre 'bustling again'