Sidmouth four star in Devon Under-13 girls’ team success
Four Sidmouth CC featured heavily in a Devon Under-13 girls win double.
The four, Emma Seward, Lily Goodier, Cassia Astley-Jones and Katie Donovan have all been selected for the summer squad and all played in the first match of the season against Wiltshire at Trowbridge CC.
Emma Seward captained Devon to a seven wicket win. Two of the Sidmouth four, Seward and Astley-Jones opened the batting for Devon for whom the stand-out contribution came from Rebecca Halliday, who scored a terrific 116.
When Wiltshire batted, Goodier sent down a pair of wicket maidens and finished with the stand-out figures of four overs, and two wickets for no runs! Seward span her way to figures of 1-5 and Wiltshire were bundled out for 43.
In a second game, this time against Worcestershire, played at Instow in North Devon, Astley-Jones skippered Devon to an eight wicket win.
You may also want to watch:
In this game Goodier opened the bowling and took one for ten in three overs whilst Seward returned figures of 1-1 from three overs.
The four Sidmouth youngsters are clearly following in the path of Sidmouth ladies cricketing star Jodie Dibble.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 6 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support