Sidmouth four star in Devon Under-13 girls’ team success
Four Sidmouth CC featured heavily in a Devon Under-13 girls win double.
The four, Emma Seward, Lily Goodier, Cassia Astley-Jones and Katie Donovan have all been selected for the summer squad and all played in the first match of the season against Wiltshire at Trowbridge CC.
Emma Seward captained Devon to a seven wicket win. Two of the Sidmouth four, Seward and Astley-Jones opened the batting for Devon for whom the stand-out contribution came from Rebecca Halliday, who scored a terrific 116.
When Wiltshire batted, Goodier sent down a pair of wicket maidens and finished with the stand-out figures of four overs, and two wickets for no runs! Seward span her way to figures of 1-5 and Wiltshire were bundled out for 43.
In a second game, this time against Worcestershire, played at Instow in North Devon, Astley-Jones skippered Devon to an eight wicket win.
You may also want to watch:
In this game Goodier opened the bowling and took one for ten in three overs whilst Seward returned figures of 1-1 from three overs.
The four Sidmouth youngsters are clearly following in the path of Sidmouth ladies cricketing star Jodie Dibble.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls