Sidmouth Gertie Skinner Cup success for Andrea Milton
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday, Sidmouth ladies played for the Gertie Skinner Cup and medal 12, which was run in conjunction with the cup competition, writes Maria Clapp.
The cup was given to the ladies’ section in 1972 by Mrs Arthur Skinner.
Division and medal winners throughout the season can enter this competition.
Once again we were very lucky with the weather! Not sure how many more fine days we will have at this time of year! The winning lady on the day was Andrea Milton with an outstanding score of nett 64.
Andrea narrowly beat Maria Clapp, who had nett 65.
You may also want to watch:
Third place went to Mandy Furniss with nett 70.
These ladies played better than their handicap, thus resulting in a handicap reduction.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
Annie Carter was also included in this list. Several ladies this season have had their handicaps reduced, which is great news!