Sidmouth Gertie Skinner Cup success for Mo Borer
- Credit: Archant
On a sunny autumn day, the Sidmouth ladies played the final event of the summer season, the Gertie Skinner Cup, writes Angela Coles.
This is one of the most prestigious events of the year as it is contested by an elite field consisting of medal and division winners from the year.
The Cup was presented to the ladies section n 1972 by the wife of the then president, Arthur Skinner.
The winner of the Gertie Skinner Cup with a net 71 was Mo Borer and the runner up with a net 72 was Alison Godwin.
Medal Seven was played in conjunction with the Gertie Skinner Cup, and this was won by Mo Borer.
You may also want to watch:
In second place was Alison Godwin and third, with a net 74, was Catherine Walden.
Division One was won by Angela Coles with a net 75, Division Two by Mo Borer and Division Three by Catherine Walden.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Peninsula League season could be over
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
There were four twos recorded by Sheila Faulkner, Sharon O’Brien and Ann Willoughby on the fourth hole and Angela Coles on the sixth hole.
The putting prize was won by Geri Whitrow.