Sidmouth Gertie Skinner Cup win for Mandy Furness
- Credit: Archant
Thirteen ladies, who were the division winners of the year’s EGU medal including those played in conjunction with Trophy meetings, played for the Gertie Skinner Cup, writes Pauline Couldwell.
This cup was given to the Ladies section by Mrs Arthur Skinner in 1972 to be played as a Stoke Play competition by those who met the qualifying conditions, with no entry fee and no prize vouchers.
It is played alongside a club medal competition which does attract an entry fee and there were 20 entrants in this.
Mandy Furness was the winner of the Gertie Skinner Cup with a nett 67, whilst Rosemary Norrish won the Medal 13 competition with a nett 67, Mandy was second on countback and Margaret Thompson was third with a nett 72.
Division One was won by Andrea Milton with a nett 73 while the honours in Division Two went to Mandy Furness with a nett 67 and the Division Three winner was Rosemary Norrish also with a nett 67.
You may also want to watch:
There were only two twos recorded and these were by Pauline Couldwell who scored a two on the fourth hole and Sheila Faulkner who scored on the sixth.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 9 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon