Sidmouth Gig Club crews do well at Bridport
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Gig Club’s Mens and Ladies crews took part in five races at the Bridport Regatta, held at West Bay on the first weekend of July.
The triangular course was just over a mile in length, running to the west of the harbour mouth.
After early drizzle the day turned into warm sunshine with a light breeze, though the choppy water made rowing tricky for competitors.
Overall, Sidmouth’s boat, Keith Owen, came 11th out of 15, with the best team results coming from the men’s C and ladies C crews, which saw both crews finish fifth.
Sidmouth will be back in competitive action through the summer at Paignton, Teignmouth and Lyme Regis, and finally the Sidmouth Regatta which is set fo Sunday, September 18.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Gig Club rows on Wednesday and Friday evenings, and Sunday mornings, throughout the summer months.
New members are always made very welcome. There’s a lively social side to the club and there are plenty of opportunities for those who are keen to do pleasure or competitive rowing. Experience is not necessary.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
Those interested in joining can call Richard Huntington on 01395 519350 or use a search engine for ‘Sidmouth Gig Club’.