Sidmouth gig club travels to Weymouth as regatta season continues
- Credit: Archant
The rowing regatta season along the Jurassic Coast has started and Sidmouth Gig Club travelled to Weymouth last Saturday to take part in their event writes Nick Thompson.
Two Sidmouth Ladies crews and one Mens crew took part in the Vets, SuperVets, A and B crews and Mixed races in their newest boat, Little Picket.
They were up against crews from much larger clubs and didn't make off with any silver trophies however it was a warm sunny day and a good time was had by all.
The next regatta will be on Saturday, June 1, at Swanage, followed by Poole on June 9 and Exmouth on June 29.
Sidmouth's own regatta will be held on Saturday, July 13.
You may also want to watch:
The Sidmouth Gig Club offers a warm welcome to new members, whatever their ability.
We have around 100 members and are a sociable club with lots of non-rowing activities.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
There is also a growing youth section which welcomes youngsters from age 13 and over.
If you are interested in joining the club or coming along to a taster session, please search online for 'Sidmouth Gig Club' or contact the membership secretary at email@example.com.