Sidmouth girls bag thrilling win over Exeter Saracens
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-15 girls were 46-40 winners when they met Exeter Saracens at home.
Saracens made the stronger start and raced into an early 25-10 lead.
However, the Sidmouth girls gave as god as they got for long periods and, when the game reached the two-thirds stage, the score was 35-29 to Saracens.
Further scores came from both sides as Sidmouth continued to chip away at the deficit and, with minutes remaining, the Saracens lead had been whittle down to a single point at 40-39.
There was to be a great ending for the Sidmouth team as, with almost the last play of the contest, they bagged a 46-40 victory.
You may also want to watch:
There was some amazing teamwork, tackling, defence consuming runs and support plays from Elly Jane Waddel, Rebecca Fallows, Annabelle Emmott, Abbie French, Nyah Austin, Lily Baker, Abi Price and Alecia Ranson.
The Sidmouth tries were scored by Hatty Tremlett, Cleo Turley, Esme Bagwell and Emily Cozens and the conversions were tucked away by Lucy Tanner and Cleo Turley.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients