Sidmouth Girls Under-13s one of the top three teams in Devon!
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-13 girls team travelled to West Buckland school on a fine Sunday morning to play in the Lady Taverner’s Under-13 Devon Tournament.
With half term meaning a number of regulars were missing, four of the club’s Under-11s stepped up into the team captained by Libby Morrison.
The team eased their way into the competition with a brace of victories against first Tarka Blues and then Topsham St James.
Some accurate bowling from Emma Seward and Libby Morrison held the opposition with a low run rate.
The support fielding, particularly from wicket keeper Cassia Astley Jones, and Lucy Gosling meant that even when the opposition did put bat to ball, runs were hard to come by!
You may also want to watch:
After a lengthy break of two hours the girls played their third game which was a semi-final against Whitchurch.
The long break clearly did not help as the team struggled to find the fluency that had been a feature of their performance earlier in the day.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
As a result Sidmouth lost the last four game by 14 runs.
After a long day the team had one more engagement to lift themselves for, a second meeting with Tarka Blues this time in the third and fourth play-off match.
The earlier day form returned as Sidmouth chased down a target of 100 in style thanks to some fine batting from Hannah Rudgard, Issy Reed, Phoebe Broadhust and Katie Underwood.
The victory meant the girls could make the long journey home buoyed by the fact that they are the third best Under-11 team in the county of Devon!
The team, managed by James Morrison, comprised of Libby Morrison(capt), Cassia Astley Jones (wicket keeper), Phoebe Broadhurst, Katie Underwood, Emma Seward, Isabelle Reed, Lucy Gosling and Hannah Rudgard.