Sidmouth girls Under-13s showing a real drive for the sport of rugby
Sidmouth girls Under-13s travelled to Exeter Saracens for their latest match.
The girls played a seven-a-side game against the Saracens who proved be very comfortable on their own pitch. The Sidmouth girls made some fantastic head way at the beginning of the game, going very strong to hit the touch line several times before Saracens had their turn. Some very good attacking and team work from the girls which ultimately saw the score a number of tries.
Saracens responded well and were soon back in the game as they enjoyed a period of dominance and try scoring.
The Sidmouth girls displayed some superb defensive skills and were clearly not put off when faced with larger opponents running towards them!
Defeated the Sidmouth girls may have been, but at full-time they were able to troop off with their heads held mighty high for the superb commitment and energy they had put into the contest.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Saul Vicary said after the game: “Given that the girls are a new team it is clear that given time, knowledge and confidence this team will prove to be an unbreakable side.”
Sidmouth squad: Faulkner, Goodier, Goslin, Perry, Pinnock, Preston, Swain, Vicary and Whitrow.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
If anyone would like to join the Sidmouth girls rugby section (Under-13s to Under-15s) please do get in touch with Saul Vicary either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07732331675.