Sidmouth girls’ Under-15s win well
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-15s played their part in an entertaining day’s ‘festival of girls’ rugby’ hosted by Sidmouth RFC at Sidbury.
The Sidmouth girls faced Paignton Barbarians, who scored three tries with one conversion, answered by Sidmouth with two tries and a conversion for a half-time score of 17-12 in favour of the visitors.
In the second half Sidmouth dug deep and, against what was a more physical opposition, and, with a mixture of disciplined – and determined – defending and some fine running, found themselves in a 26-22 lead.
Back came Paignton and they edged into a 34-26 lead with just minutes to go.
In one final push Sidmouth were denied a last-gasp try by a wonderful last-ditch tackle!
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth team members Elly Jane Waddel, Nyah Austin, Annabelle Emmott, Lily Baker, Abi Price, Esme Bagwell, Cleo Turley and Emily Cozens showed real resilience with their general play and defending. Abbie French showed real promise with her ball-winning efforts in the scrum, Araminta May was a constant thorn in the opposition’s side and Rebecca Fallows showed, especially under pressure, just why she has been called up to the Devon girls’ Under-15 side.
In terms of the Sidmouth try scorers, they were Hatty Tremlett, Lucy Tanner and Kaitland, while Lucy Tanner also slotted three conversions.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections