Sidmouth give Wellington the boot in 4-1 triumph
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth B league team played their second game of the season at home against Wellington on a very miserable wet day, writes Colin Walls.
The morning’s games went well, Sidmouth winning their doubles and singles matches.
Luckily, after lunch, the weather improved slightly in as much as the rain had stopped.
The first two games in the afternoon were won by Sidmouth with just the last game to finish.
John Coombes of Sidmouth and John Pugsley of Wellington were equal with still a little time left on the clock.
You may also want to watch:
Pugsley managed to get three more hoops leaving Coombes to hit in and catch up, which he did.
Unfortunately, after an excellent attempt, Coombes managed to only get one more hoop leaving Pugsley the winner with Sidmouth overall winners to a 4-1 score line.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
And as always the day ended with an excellent tea provided by Gill Hodge.