Sidmouth go down to Exeter in enjoyable croquet meeting
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth were edged out in what proved to be a most enjoyable home meeting with Exeter, writes David Butler.
After careful and prolonged team member review, the manager, Richard Thurlow, chose Richard Croft, Andrew Thomas, John Coombes and himself to play for Sidmouth
A warm and pleasant day, with both teams sending four players a side, with one double and two singles in the morning and four singles after lunch.
Sidmouth narrowly lost the doubles, (John and Richard C), Richard T lost the singles and Andrew won his singles in the morning.
We needed to win all matches in the afternoon and tensions were high as the effects of the lunch time inspirational team speech and coffee and crisps took their hold.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately for Sidmouth, they could only win two singles, (Richard T and John), with Andrew and Richard C being narrowly beaten.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution