Sidmouth Golf Club herald the season’s winners at Gala Evening of award presentations
- Credit: Archant
Last Saturday evening saw a gala evening of awards being handed out at Sidmouth Golf, Chris Roberts.
With the captain doing the master of the ceremonies to a full club house, an evening of drink, good food and laughter was enjoyed by one and all as the stars of the club were lauded for their success’s.
The prize giving is traditionally proceeded with a club manger elect team versus the captains elect and this year was no different with the captains first duty of the evening to present club manager Jonathan Lee Club with the winners trophy after his team’s eight-and-a-half to seven-and-a-half victory.
David Bater was presented with the Challenge Cup whilst the Club Champion honour was bestowed on Dudley Taylor. Sheila Faulkner received the Ladies Scratch Cup and the Lady Golfer of the Year award was received by Angela Coles.
The Famous Easterbrooks Trophy was presented to Kevin Legg and the Potburys Trophy was picked up by Trevor Kerridge and Charles Jarvis.
You may also want to watch:
Colin Macklin received the Jurassic Cup, this presented by Heather Martin from East Devon Sports Physiotherapy on behalf of the B team.
Also attending the evening were the club competition sponsors; Adrian Coombe of Easterbrook Eaton, Michael Lee of Potburys, Geoff Lory of Sidmouth Jewellers and Heather Martin of East Devon Sports Physiotherapy, each to present their relevant prizes whilst also adding additional glamour and prestige to the evening.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 9 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom