Sidmouth Golf Club lady captain set to finish charity walk on Tuesday.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth lady captain Liz Chance made a great start to her week-long charity walk, arriving fresh as a daisy in Sidmouth on Wednesday for her normal round of golf, having walked from Axe Cliff Golf Club.
The next stage on Thursday is from Staddon Heights near Plymouth to Bantham.
Friday will be from Bantham to Hallsands and Saturday from Hallsands to Dartmouth.
Sunday takes her from Dartmouth to Torquay and Monday from Torquay to Dawlish.
She will arrive back in Sidmouth at the club on Tuesday afternoon where a dinner to celebrate this amazing achievement will be held on Wednesday, April 2.
You may also want to watch:
The annual spring meeting took place last Saturday.
The winning team of three was Anne Blackler, Rosemary Walker and Penny Ashby.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
In second place, after countback, were Marie Timms, Alison Cook and Mandy Furniss, with captain Liz Chance, Margaret Thompson and Viv Cotter finishing third.
On Wednesday a good field of 32 ladies played for the Rosalie Warren Macmillan Trophy.
There were some excellent scores to reflect the fine weather, including the winner Linda Reynolds’ 38 stableford points.
The runner up was Susan Hackett with 34 points.
Twenty-two ladies played a par competition, rather an unforgiving format which doesn’t allow for mistakes! Yvonne Anning was the winner on countback from Coral Roberts, both with a score of minus three. Andrea Milton secured third place with her score of minus four.