Sidmouth Golf Club plays host to a terrific Charity Golf Day event
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Golf Club were the hosts of a charity golf event, organised by Jim Anderton, the event was run to assist his son Christopher to raise £3,000 for NSPCC Childline, Chris is an entrant in this years London Marathon.
Over 50 players took to the course at Sidmouth playing a Stableford competition whilst competing for a prize on every hole donated by local sponsors.
There were numerous winners during the day including Dan Martin who scored a fantastic 42 Stableford points, but the biggest winner was NSPCC Childline with a total of £1,846.50 being raised.
Golf Club member Jim Anderton said: “I would like to thank everyone who took part, Sidmouth Golf Club for hosting the event, the players and especially all of the sponsors who donated some fantastic prizes, their generosity has been magnificent”.
The people and companies that supported the event included; St John’s International School, Legacy Leisure, Victoria Hotel Sidmouth, The Puffing Billy Exton, La Rosetta Newton Poppleford, The Cannon Inn Newton Poppleford, Devon Contractors, Exeter Chiefs, Exeter City FC and Move GB.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone would like to support Chris achieve his target please donate via;
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients