Sidmouth Golf Club’s new captain’s drive-in success
- Credit: Archant
The Captains Drive-In took place at Sidmouth Golf Club.
Traditionally the past captains, on this occasion John Barnard and Margaret Duece, putted out on the 18th green ending their year of office.
The out-going captain’s having done that it is the turn of the in-coming captain’s, club captain Ray Gunston and lady captain Angela Coles to drive off the first tee to officially start their year of office.
The pair did so in front of a large gathering of members and both Angela and Ray held their nerves and drove off straight and true up the first fairway to the delight of the encouraging onlookers!
The day had been marred by the inevitable cancellation of the shotgun start texas scramble - changed to a diluted three clubs and a putter competition in anticipation of trolley bans and very wet course conditions. The weather won again!
You may also want to watch:
The disappointed golfers and members enthusiasm, however, was not dampened and a packed clubhouse, through competitions, auctions and a very generous contribution, raise funds for the Admiral Nurse campaign.
Both captains had joined forces to announce the Admiral Nurse Campaign as their chosen charity for the year.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
A presentation was given to members by Rachel Johnson and Adrian Ford of Admiral Nurse giving an informative explanation of the campaign.
New captain’s Ray and Angela have agreed to fundraising events throughout the year in support of the charity.