Sidmouth golf latest – Charles Stanley stableford success for Rob Wallace.
- Credit: Getty Images/Goodshoot RF
The very popular Charles Stanley Monday stableford drew eighty plus players earlier this week, writes Chris Roberts
With such a large field a good score was needed and Rob Wallace certainly did deliver just that with 42 points which included a brace of birdies and an eagle two on the 10th.
Ian Peacock came second with another impressive score of 40 points. He also had two birdies and eight pars.
The battle for third was a much tighter affair with three players all scoring 39 points.
Geoff Lory pinched it on countback from ‘small boy’ Lewis and the big man, Neil Holland.
You may also want to watch:
The Eclectic league is now a three-way tie with Martyn White, Duncan Taylor and Neil Holland all on 50.
Neil Holland now leads the birdie count by one over John Jones by virtue of carding six birdies in this weeks round.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 4 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 5 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 9 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town