Sidmouth golf latest – Charles Stanley stableford success for Rob Wallace.
- Credit: Getty Images/Goodshoot RF
The very popular Charles Stanley Monday stableford drew eighty plus players earlier this week, writes Chris Roberts
With such a large field a good score was needed and Rob Wallace certainly did deliver just that with 42 points which included a brace of birdies and an eagle two on the 10th.
Ian Peacock came second with another impressive score of 40 points. He also had two birdies and eight pars.
The battle for third was a much tighter affair with three players all scoring 39 points.
Geoff Lory pinched it on countback from ‘small boy’ Lewis and the big man, Neil Holland.
You may also want to watch:
The Eclectic league is now a three-way tie with Martyn White, Duncan Taylor and Neil Holland all on 50.
Neil Holland now leads the birdie count by one over John Jones by virtue of carding six birdies in this weeks round.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start