Sidmouth golf latest - Langdon edges out Billinghurst
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday, Sidmouth Ladies played their first qualifier of the season.
They played a County Prize, which is a par competition and you certainly cannot afford to make a mistake with this format!
The competition was a close run thing with Sue Langdon edging out her playing partner on the day, Sue Billinghurst. It was so close to cal that countback was sued to determine the winner after both played finished with a score of minus four. A close third was Maria Clapp with her score of minus five.
Maria was also the only player on the day to record a two. On the 13th she struck a sweet drive to land just a foot from the hole and putted out for her two.
Once again the ladies were lucky with the weather!
You may also want to watch:
There was also action last Friday when the Presidents and the Shelagh Creasy teams played a practise match.
The Presidents team were 5-2 winners and the best wishes of all at the club go to both teams for the season ahead and their respective campaigns.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge