Sidmouth golfers all set to welcome new lady captain Gill Padden into office
- Credit: Archant
The Ladies section of Sidmouth Golf Club held their annual general meeting (AGM) at the club on March 13, writes Pauline Couldwell.
The AGM followed what was an excellent Rules of Golf session presented by the golf club manager, Tim Aggett, reinforcing the changes to the rules introduced from January 2019 and the talk followed what had been a superb luncheon provided by Kerry and her staff.
On the day the attendance was very high and included some of the new lady members who had been through the Golf Academy which ran throughout the summer months, organised by Andrea Milton, run by club professional, Ross Troake and supported by mentors. The Academy proved so successful that it is being rolled out once again this year to any potential golfer, male or female.
After the usual annual reports were read and the 2019/2020 committee officers were elected, outgoing lady captain Sheila Faulkner presented in coming captain, Gill Padden with her Brooch of Office before Gill addressed the ladies with an outline of her aims for her captaincy year.
The outgoing committee were thanked for their hard work in making the ladies section run as smoothly as it does and the new committee were cordially welcomed.
You may also want to watch:
Gill’s first event will be the Sunday, March 17, joint Captains’ Drive-in with the newly elected club captain.
This popular annual event sees the 2018 captain’s end their year by putting out on the 18th green before the new 20 captain’s drive off the first tee – all this is, of course, weather permitting.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!