Sidmouth have top two finish hopes hit with defeat at North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s grip on the runners-up berth in the Tolchards Devon League Premier Division was loosened as they went down by 35-runs at North Devon.
The home side batted first in a game reduced to 45-overs per side owing to the ground needing time to dry out after the heavy rain of the preceding days.
A total of 194-5 represented a good afternoon’s work for Will Murray and his fellow Sidmouth bowlers.
Matt Cooke was the most successful, finishing with figures of 3-40 from eight overs. The other wicket takers were Jake Fawcett and Ch\rlie Miles.
Cooke then contributed the top score, chalking up 46 from the opening slot.
You may also want to watch:
However, only skipper Murray was able to match that sort of effort with the bat as he scored 42 from the number five berth and the run chase came up short, Sidmouth losing their 10th and final wicket with the Instow score board showing 159 after 36.4 overs.
On Saturday Murray’s men bring the curtain down on the 2015 league season whn they host Exeter.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
The Fortfield men will be runners-up as long as they four more points than North Devon do when they travel to relegated Paignton.