Sidmouth III team were 54-10 winners when they met Tiverton III.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth III XV win well against Tivvy and it’s a Matt-trick that helps out.
It is very much down to the hard work of Ian West that Sidmouth now has a third fifteen once more and a 54-10 success over Tiverton is testament to the West efforts which led to 28 players being available for this game for the Blackmore men!
With so many players chomping at the bit to be involved the team had the luxury of youthful substitutes, the likes of talented colt players, Will Thomas and his brother Henry who added a needed boost of energy to some rusty players!
During the first half a fantastic display from Matt Goss, linking well wit inside centre, Liam Kubaczka, ran in two converted tries within the space of 15 minutes.
Further tries were added by Kubaczka and Dion Warner before Tivvy hit back with a try of their own to complete the first half scoring.
You may also want to watch:
The second half began with Sidmouth enjoying further domination in the scrum that saw newly formed front row of Neil Barrett, Scott Savage and Yann Tripet taking many scrums against the head along with driving the Tiverton pack backwards thus rendering the scrums uncontested in the latter half of the game.
Kabaczka ran in another try which helped land him the joint Man of the Match award along with Jann Tripet and Scott Savage.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
The next try was scored by the saviour of Sidmouth Third XV, Ian West! What’s more it proved to be a well-worked score – the try of the game.
Youngster Will Thomas then showed terrific skill and pace before crossing the Tivvy line.
Tiverton struck next, but Sidmouth had the final say as Matt Goss completed a hat-trick of tries to put a polished seal on a superb outing for the third team.
Sidmouth Third XV have a full fixture list for this season and welcome players of all abilities and ages.
The next match for the team is Saturday, September 26. A light optional training session takes part at the Prettejohn pitch in Sidford every Wednesday from 7pm and prospective new team players are always welcome to pitch up and join in.
For any more information, contact Ian West 07738 666467 or Scott Savage 07490 009128.