Sidmouth IIIs suffer more rain pain as Fowler takes four wickets
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth III were, for the second successive week, left frustrated by the rain having got themselves into a strong position.
A week after they had Bradninch by the throat before rain washed out play at Newton Poppleford, they had bundled out hosts Clyst Hydon II for just 154 in 36.2 overs when the rain arrived to end play.
Jordan Fowler was the star of the Sidmouth bowling effort as he claimed four wickets for just 25 runs in eight overs.
Tim Drake opened the bowling and he bagged a brace for 34 runs, also from eight overs and he took two catches.
The other four wickets were shared by Luke Raistrick (1-42 from 8), Dave Gibson (1-22 from four), Saju Patidar (1-17 from six) and Rob Fowler (1-9 from 2.2).
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth, who banked 11 points from the match, entertain Chudleigh on Saturday (August 5).
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby